Tuesday, August 10, 2010

After 11 Tools:Reflections

Some of the apps I will use are: GoogleDocs to communicate with team members; Jing which will make communications more interesting by embedding photos an videos within documents; Digital Storytelling;Photo Story; Wikis which allows students to work together.

My thinking about using technology has changed by being introduced to the many apps available that will enhance learning. For my end of the year party last year my second graders brought in technology from home and I watched while they interacted, focused and enjoyed themselves. It made the party easy by the way and they had fun. I can use their enthusiasum for technology to my advantage in teaching the TEKS.

I was surprised by the abundance of quality education materials available to us. I'm glad the district has blocked sites the students have no business going to because we need help in that area. If students have a well defined timed task to complete I feel they will use their time wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment